Walpole Partnership is an IT Consultancy formed of IT industry experts. Their clients benefit from their consulting and implementation services for CPQ (Configure, Price Quote) solutions, Quote to Cash systems, and Financial Planning and Budgeting software.
The company has a team of between 15-30 people and have completed work in the UK, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Germany, Russia and UAE. They mostly implement systems for Software and High Tech, IT, Telecoms and Manufacturing companies.
There were several things about their website that the Walpole Partnership team felt were holding them back:
- The scrolling functionality through most of the site’s information felt quite arduous for their visitors.
- The navigation was poor. As the business grew, new services had to be added, and this could not be done in a seamless way.
- The company’s services were not represented consistently, with some vital information in PDFs which could have been better displayed on webpages.
- The overall look and feel of the site was dated. Walpole Partnership was having an exciting rebrand but they found it was almost impossible to update their old site with the new branding, so it was the perfect time to make a change.
What Walpole Partnership were looking for
Walpole Partnership needed a new website with the main objectives that it should be:
- A sustainable presentation of their new brand (logos, imagery, brand guidelines)
- A validation of their expertise experience, and customers (case studies, testimonials, stories)
- A definition of their services presented in a concise and accessible way
The decision process
With a rebrand completed by InnerVisions ID, and new brand guidelines in hand, the website project team at Walpole Partnership created a detailed design brief and got in touch with five website developers. After some initial contact with all five, secondary conversations took place with the best three and then they were all asked to quote for the business based on the design brief and any supporting information that was requested.
Walpole Partnership’s Marketing Manager, Alexandra Yates, said “Our excellent branding agency, InnerVisions ID, recommended Anorak Cat to us, but ultimately we chose to work with them as they felt like the best fit for this project. We were looking for a company that would work with us through an iterative process as we developed the use of our new branding, and Rich and the team at Anorak Cat were pleased to do this. They also had a number of clearly laid out and well-defined website packages available at the right price point for our business.”
The team were thrilled that the new website achieved all the objectives that they set out in their original design brief. It represents their updated brand, it validates their expertise and experience, and it provides users with clearly navigable access to their services. It also visibly demonstrates how conversant they are about the products they implement, whilst being user-friendly for their customers, partners and employees.
The new website’s look and navigation now provides a far better experience for their visitors. And whilst Walpole Partnership value the benefits of the ongoing support and essential maintenance delivered through their monthly Website Care Plan, they are also pleased to be able to have the control and knowledge to update their website inhouse after completing some initial training with us. The sales team at Walpole Partnership say “We are delighted with how well the new website is working out as it’s a strong reference point which we can take pride in sharing when talking to customers.”
“Anorak Cat was very understanding to the changing needs throughout the project. Rich was reliable, worked around any problems, and was happy to take feedback and make changes and offered a great level of after-care service. He was good to work with, approachable and nothing was too much trouble. In addition to enjoying working with Anorak Cat, we also feel like we’ve got value for money and a good ROI.”
Stuart Wymant, Website Project Lead at Walpole Partnership.